Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare STEPS (Striving Towards Enhanced Partnerships) Orange County serves 141 adults with serious mental illness (SMI), aged 18+.
Employment Status: Full -Time
Shift: AM 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Data Analyst is responsible for coordinating all Caminar, Avatar and Electronic Health Record (EHR) related tasks, including collection and entry of members served data (e.g. demographics, diagnosis, service codes, billing codes), running reports, ensuring accuracy of data and reporting back to the program and the payer. The position requires using outcomes data to promote program improvement with a focus on positive outcomes for the members served.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Oversees data collection, ensuring timeliness and accuracy
• Ensures that clinical staff understands the significance of inputting key data accurately
• Ensures that members served information, enrollment, disenrollment, eligibility information, outcome data, billing, diagnosis reconciliation, and other pertinent information is input within specified time limits
• Interfaces with payer staff and confirms that all data procedures are completed according to payer specifications and directions
• Monitors and assures compliance with the payer's Deliverable requirements
• Creates and runs reports to confirm accuracy of data and makes corrections in a timely manner, according to payer instructions
• Participates in all payer trainings and meetings to stay up-to-date on all changes and revisions to system
• Uses the outcomes data to promote program improvement, focus on positive outcomes for the members served
• Performs computer interface (uploads) of data to Corporate office
• Oversees the Relias system by entering, tracking and reporting employee compliance to Administrator
• Completes quarterly and annual training audits and submits annual training plan to the payer and Administrator to ensure at least 95% compliance to avoid sanctions
• Administrative duties including but not limited to: taking of meeting minutes, timely filing of licensing applications and updates
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
• One (1) year of database experience
• Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and payer representatives
• The ability to work with minimum supervision, set work priorities and function as a self-starter
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred; education may be substituted with relevant work experience if the candidate has an A.A. degree
• Ability to type and make forms
• Knowledge of computers, Word, Excel, Outlook, data reports, spreadsheets, word processing and database software
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach, walk, twist, bend, squat and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, pull and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive. Visual requirements include working with small figures and computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.