WE NEED MORE ONCALL STAFF!!!!
***Flexible hours***Extra $$$ for you***
***HIRING NOW***ESSENTIAL WORKERS***PPE IN PLACE***
$20.94 per hour
TELECARE is a family-feel company. Our CEO, Anne Bakar, stepped into her role in 1987. At the time she was one of the first and only female CEO 's in America. Anne has expanded Telecare to over 135 programs in 7 states!!
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9 th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Telecare 's Eastern Kern Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) will provide outpatient psychiatric services to children and adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis. The primary purpose of the CSU will be to offer immediate individualized assistance to stabilize acute psychiatric symptoms and help consumers avoid inpatient hospitalization. The 24/7 program will have the capacity to treat 12 consumers at any given time, both voluntary and involuntary, and utilize a strengths-based, recovery oriented model of care.
Multi-cultural. Multi-generational. Multi-ethnic.
Multidisciplinary teams working together to help some of the most disenfranchised, stigmatized and ostracized members of our community. Telecare 's mission is to deliver excellent and effective behavioral health services that engage individuals with complex needs in recovering their health, hopes, and dreams .
WHAT 'S YOUR COMPENSATION?
• High School Graduation or G.E.D. equivalent and three (3) years of direct services in mental health or community services; or Associate's degree and two (2) years of experience; or Bachelor's degree in Social Services
• Must possess at least 1 year of direct service experience with Crisis Intervention, including screening and assessments
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Four (4) years' experience in a behavioral health setting
• Experience providing intensive case management and/or intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts
• Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment, or community mental health service
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborates with members served to create Recovery Plan goals and ensure all services described in the Recovery Plan are provided
• Consistent with area of expertise, provides specialized services and interventions related to Crisis Intervention, including screening and assessments
• Facilitates groups according to the needs and interests of members served especially regarding education and coping skills in the area of Crisis Intervention
• Provides appropriate interventions in crisis situations
• On a rotating basis, performs officer of the day functions for both wellness, duty and stand by duty tasks
• Collects required data and completes required documentation
• Coordinates transitions to lower levels of care
• Maintains awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
• Assists members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living
• Assists members served in making and getting to essential appointments
• Assists and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits; provide representative payee services
• Ensures that members served understand their legal status and rights
• Helps members served achieve greater independence and autonomy
• Safeguards confidentiality; adheres to HIPAA policies
• Provides wraparound services that encompass whole person care
• Provides transportation when needed and appropriate and linkage to community resources
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• Provide and document quality and quantity of direct services as required by program standards
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Thorough understanding of the rights of members served and relevant legal processes
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Good computer/technology skills
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Ability to easily build rapport, maintain engagement with members served, and hold hope in the face of adversity
• Excellent driving skills
• Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Within two (2) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires driving and frequent hazardous exposure (blood borne pathogens, hospital waste, chemicals, and infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.