Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 170 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 8:30am - 5pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Communications Editor has primary responsibility for researching, writing, and/or editing information and articles to be used in company publications and other communication channels including social media, blogs, marketing materials, etc.; supports the Communications Director and Communications Department overall to implement and maintain the communications systems and processes at Telecare; helps coordinate the preparation of company publications and articles by confirming artwork, verifying facts, and securing necessary approvals; ensures all communications adhere to editorial policies and standards and also supports the Communications Department with administrative and order fulfillment tasks.
• One (1) to four (4) years' experience within the Communication or equivalent field
• Basic comfort with content management systems, social media, blogging, and minor graphic design awareness and skills
• Creativity, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines within a fast-pace environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively with persons from a variety of perspectives, have an organized approach to communications efforts, ability to adapt to changing environment, ability to work effectively with diverse individuals, ability to anticipate and assess communication needs
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English or equivalent discipline preferred.
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Researching, writing, editing, fact checking, and proofreading of information for use in company publications, and other communications channels
• Administrative support including calendaring, file and archive management, marketing support, etc.
• Ongoing projects: Telecare Heroes management, program anniversary support, longevity-program support, etc.
• Fulfillment support, including shipping materials to program, HR, and other staff in the field
• Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale
• Communicates technical matters clearly to management, peers and customers
• Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare 's customers including members served, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct
• Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and fellow employee
• Should be able to act as a mentor for junior team members and help desk team members
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Excellent written communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and be able to establish priorities
• Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies
• Demonstrates good judgment, decision making, and initiative in performing daily tasks
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, perform wrist deviations, hand and wrists repetitions, reach and bend. Will constantly sit as well as frequently lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less and do simple grasping occasionally.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.