Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare 's SHINE (Support Hope Independence New Empowerment) FSP provides intensive and comprehensive housing supports to individuals who are at risk of losing housing in Yuba, CA. Telecare will employ a range of housing-focused case management and behavioral health interventions through a fully mobile triage, office, and field-based case management approach. Staff will be deployed to provide services onsite at supportive housing apartments. Focus areas will include resident wellness checks; wellness groups, skill-building activities, and housing stabilization focused case management services; behavioral health and substance use services, crisis interventions; conflict resolution.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: DAYS 8:30 - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Clinician provides mental health support services to members served and their families at the program. The Clinician also assists in the coordination of all mental health support services provided by the Team. This includes coordinating and collaborating with team members and outside agencies such as, the Conservator's Office, Public Guardian's Office, Probation Department, County Behavioral Health Services, and housing and inpatient providers.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders.
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
o Making appropriate referrals for placement, case management and aftercare services, as assigned.
o Coordinating with the Office Coordinator to assure that client benefits and finance are in order, as assigned
o Developing and maintaining an awareness of community resources
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety)
• One (1) year of direct service experience with mentally ill individuals
• A Master's Degree in Social Work or related field and working towards licensure and registered with the Board of Behavioral Science
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Thorough understanding of client rights
• Knowledge of persistent mental illness and basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Understanding of issues pertaining to older adults
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently twist and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.