Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare operates the Mark Reed Evaluation and Treatment (E&T) center in McCleary WA. This program, located in Grays Harbor County, is a secure 16-bed inpatient E&T for adults aged 18+ who meet the criteria for services under the Involuntary Treatment Act (ITA). Our mission at this facility is to engage individuals with complex needs in recovering their health, hopes, and dreams. We are looking for employees that have a desire to work in a team environment that is focused on recovery and empowerment.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: DAYS 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Clinician provides mental health support services to members served and their families at the program. The Clinician also assists in the coordination of all mental health support services provided by the Team. This includes coordinating and collaborating with team members and outside agencies such as, the Conservator's Office, Public Guardian's Office, Probation Department, County Behavioral Health Services, and housing and inpatient providers.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders.
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Recommends and establishes general policies, structures and controls
• Collaborates with Program Director/Administrator to ensure program offers individuals served increasing opportunities for employment, social integration and independent living
• Maintains and participates actively in program activities
• Participates in the program evaluation process, utilizing results to identify needs, establish goals and directions for future planning
• Attends and oversees the monthly Utilization Review process
• Supervises and trains staff to complete service plans and risk assessments; oversees service planning and risk assessment for all clients of the program
• Oversees all referrals to the Program
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care; provides direct services to members served, families and community supports of members served
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Attends and participates in primary therapy, community meetings, family therapy, and groups
• Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions
• Reviews and implements members served service plans
• Actively facilitates and participates in team meetings and service planning meetings
• Provides leadership in facilitating the team process
• Provides 24 on-call (cell phone) coverage as needed
• Provides education/training to other team members as necessary
• Assures that members served know and understand their legal status and rights
• Provides weekend/on-call service/back-up and crisis intervention
• Completes the Monthly Status Report to the County
• Ensures all clinical issues are addressed around hospitalization of members served
• Assists with Service Coordination Plan, including:
o Making appropriate referrals for placement, case management and aftercare services, as assigned.
o Coordinating with the Office Coordinator to assure that members served benefits and finance are in order, as assigned
o Developing and maintaining an awareness of community resources
• Acts as Custodian of Records; determining best practices re confidentiality etc.
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• One (1) year of direct service experience with mentally ill individuals
• A Master's Degree in Social Work or related field
• Current licensure or registration as an intern for MFT, MSW, LPCC, etc
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Thorough understanding of member rights
• Knowledge of persistent mental illness and basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Understanding of issues pertaining to older adults
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently twist and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.