Clinical Quality Manager w/ RN License
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Employment Status: Full-Time, Salaried Position
The Clinical Quality Manager is responsible for actively managing and promoting the organizational quality and risk management infrastructures . Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning and orchestration of onsite quality review processes, identifying process improvement needs, supporting implementation of program plans for improvement, conducting root cause analyses, supporting survey preparation, policy development, and incident review.
• Master's degree in health-related field (i.e. Public Health, Health Care Leadership or Administration, Nursing Management, Quality, Patient Safety, Risk Management, Psychology) or equivalent years of experience
• Five (5) years' experience in Quality or Operations, two (2) of the five (5) years of experience in a management position
• Must be willing to travel 75%
• Must be willing to obtain Certified Professional in HealthCare Quality (CPHQ) within 18 months of hire
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• CPHQ, and/or experience with quality/performance improvement and risk management activities, knowledge of regulatory requirements and/or accreditation standards
• Five (5) years' experience in a management
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Effectively and autonomously plans productive day to day work schedule and prioritization of tasks
• Actively manages, supports, and promotes the quality improvement and risk management infrastructures
o Implements standard Performance Improvement and Risk Management methods (PDSA and Root Cause Analysis)
o Executes measure requirements using a working understanding of creating applicable measures for process improvement and improvement strategies
o Operationalizes processes to support standards compliance
o Facilitates continuous survey readiness activities
o Guides the organization through survey processes and findings
o Supports/facilitates improvement processes across programs to further the standardization process for Telecare programs (trends discovered in surveys and or other practices)
• Apply project management methods with planning, clear communication of timelines, commitment to timely deliverables, holding oneself and others accountable to timelines, swift responses to requests, regular updates on project status, facilitation of productive meetings, and being prepared
o Assess patient safety culture by ensuring policies, procedures, CPI training and drills being adhered to; understand how to use, to train to, and access data in the adverse and sentinel event databases and Qlik
o Acquire data from source systems, Financial Leaders Report, Integrated Ops Reports, Avatar, Qlik AED and Qlik Community Outcomes
o Integrate data from internal and external systems. Including how Avatar or Qlik data measures against regulatory body or customer requirements
o Use statistical and visualization methods through software systems available at Telecare.
• Regulates the use of privileged information
• Work collaboratively with program leaders and departments heads
• Provides Program Support that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
o Autonomously organizes, plans and facilitates the Quality Review Process within each individual program, analyzes findings, completes reports for programs and collaborates with program in the development of a program-driven plan of improvement. Plans Quality Review Process in a timely manner to assess the status of individual programs with adequate time for correction prior to external audits. Develops collaborative short term and long-term plans of improvement specific to individual programs addressing the findings in the Quality Reviews, and / or regulatory reviews in collaboration.
o Communicates clinical findings to program Administrator and administrative staff in a manner that preserves the collaborative working process
o Provides individualized program assistance, leading in-depth system analysis, root cause analysis, development of improvement plans, implementation and re-evaluation. This may include consultation, mentoring and supervision of program Administrator, Clinical Director and Director of Nursing. This may occur through the quality review process, regulatory review process, and orientation of new hire and / or promoted employees.
• May be assigned to work in programs on special assignments from the Vice President or Directors of Quality (may be required to provide temporary management coverage in a program: administrator or Director of Nurses responsibilities
• Involved in the startup of new programs including planning calls, orientation, and policy and procedure development. This may include temporary management coverage in a program: administrator or Director of Nurses responsibilities
• Consults directly with VP and Directors of Quality to develop operational plans specific to the strategic priorities and identified initiatives of the Operations and Medical teams.
• Develops and implements training specific to quality related issues and the quality review process
• Consistently performs duties with a customer and community focus
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Ability to complete PDSA and Root Cause Analysis
• Ability to use Avatar, QLIK, and other reporting tools
• Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.