Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As one of the recovery-oriented programs in the Telecare family, this 6 bed Crisis Residential Program, is part of a network of crisis residential programs in Orange County. Tree House North is a short-term crisis residential program, which works in collaboration with the Orange County Health Care Authority (OCHCA). It will assist members within Orange County who are experiencing acute mental health crisis, and need additional assistance in stabilizing their current level of functioning without resulting in the member being admitted to any Inpatient or higher level of care facility or program. The program is staffed by a multidisciplinary team that focuses on stabilization and recovery.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
The Clinical Leader coordinates the day-to-day functioning of the Team, ensures and/or provides direct services and works with the Clinical Director or Administrator in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and services.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct services in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards of care and scope of practice
• Directly supervises and oversees service provision of Personal Service Coordinators (I and II), Service Center Coordinator, Residential Counselor, and LVN/LPT's as needed by program
• Serves as a player-coach and senior practitioner who teaches staff by role modeling and didactic training
• Shares caseload responsibility for members served, with other Team members
• Provides individualized education and information to members served regarding their illness, medication, side effects, etc.
• Conducts daily staffing, change of shift
• Provides on-call service/back-up and crisis intervention
• Collaborates with Clinical Director or Administrator regarding service development as requested
• Oversees proper use of transportation, mobile phones and other such equipment
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Assumes professional responsibility for members served wellbeing
• Reviews and implements treatment/service plans as directed
• Actively facilitates and participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and service planning meetings as necessary
• Provides leadership in facilitating the team process
• Provides education/training to other team members as necessary
• Observes, records, and reports members served social, medical, ADL, and psychiatric behavior per rehab option guidelines
• Completes the service plan, including assessment and coordination of members served strengths, challenges and desired outcomes
• Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies, including:
o Actively participating in maintaining the inventory and ordering of equipment and supplies
o Monitoring the upkeep and safety of equipment and supplies
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Two (2) years of direct experience in treating adults with serious mental illness, including at least one (1) year of program management or supervisory experience in a mental health setting
• Graduation required from an accredited college or university with a MA or MS in nursing, social work, psychiatric rehabilitation, psychology or mental health counseling
• Must be able to provide identification number as a current registered intern with the Board of Behavioral Sciences in the state of employment as an ASW or AMFT
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a culturally competent multidisciplinary team, a thorough understanding of members served rights, an understanding of the conservatorship process and knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently squat, kneel, bend, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping as well as constant siting. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.