Starting salary: $70,000
What are my benefits at Telecare?
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM!!
Program Type: Secure residential mental health facility -- we are a sub-acute, longer-term, recovery center with estimated length of stay of 3-6 months.
# of Beds: 16 beds
Who We Serve: Adult residents of Nebraska, aged 19 and older, who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness (Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, or Schizophrenia) and who are leaving acute psychiatric care in a local or state hospital, crisis center, or correctional facility.
About the Program: The Recovery Center at Sarpy is a 24-hour staffed secure mental health program that helps people envision their recovery path, build important skills, and regain hope to move forward on their journey. It offers a high level of care in the community, which gives people a chance to receive all the needed support and services under one roof that they need to stabilize their symptoms and strengthen independent living skills. Recovery, with a focus on respect and dignity is woven into and defines every aspect of the program, from assessments and interventions to the client information system, to the selection of staff, and the overall client experience.
The Recovery Center at Sarpy is person-centered and trauma-informed. In this environment, clients begin a learning process that helps them make effective choices, reduce the amount of harm in their lives, and increase their personal strengths.
In this mid-level management position and under direct supervision of the Administrator, the Clinical Director provides leadership, coordination, and clinical supervision to multidisciplinary team(s) and/or program(s). Assists Administrator with quality improvement duties.
• Demonstrates the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• In conjunction with the Administrator, acts as the clinical authority of the program and establishes clinical systems and standards of care
• Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
• Plans, organizes, directs, and controls clinical services and is responsible for administrative functioning of clinical services departments
• Continually communicates with community partners and customers to ensure continuity of care for members served
• Ensures program functions smoothly within the larger behavioral health system by building and maintaining relationships with community partners
• Oversees documentation by clinical staff and performs audits of Clinical Charts to ensure adherence to State and County Requirements
• Establishes and maintains a recovery culture and philosophy within the program
• Promotes and maintains good relationships and communication between departments
• Aids in creating policies and procedures that address clinical quality and risk
• Completes incident investigations and summaries for regulatory agencies, as necessary
• Responsible for regular supervision and evaluations of assigned staff
• Ensures high quality services are being provided to all members served
• Assures facility/program honors the rights of members served
• Collaborates with other staff in implementation of corporate initiatives, and other services, as needed
• Available to assist at other Telecare facilities (consult) as needed
• Ensures treatment adheres to established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Ensures complete and accurate records on interventions and behaviors of members served
• Provides individual/group education and training
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at Outpatient program, must employ members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• For all Other Programs
o Two (2) years post-graduate direct clinical experience in a mental health setting
o Must have experience working with mental health and substance use consumers, families and advisory boards
• Masters or higher degree in Social Services
• One (1) year in leadership role in relevant setting (inpatient or outpatient setting, as appropriate)
o Current licensure/registration in the state of program operation (except for out-of-state applicants with existing licensure in good standing) as LCSW, LMFT, LMSW, LMHP, RN, Ph.D./Psy.D.; in WA as LICSW, LMHC
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
• Must be at least 19 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Ability to contribute to policy and procedure development in a matter that addresses clinical quality and risk
• Understanding of local system of care and how the program fits within it
• Ability to maintain excellent relationships with members served and community partners
• Familiarity with a variety of evidence based practices appropriate to members served
• Knowledge and experience using the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.