Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, Thurston Mason Crisis Triage is a 10-bed inpatient secure facility for adults, ages 18 and older, diagnosed with a serious mental illness, who are experiencing a mental health emergency.
Sign-on Bonus: $5,000
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
In this mid-level management position and under direct supervision of the Administrator, the Clinical Director provides leadership, coordination, and clinical supervision to multidisciplinary team(s) and/or program(s). Assists Administrator with quality improvement duties.
• Demonstrates the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• In conjunction with the Administrator, acts as the clinical authority of the program and establishes clinical systems and standards of care
• Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
• Plans, organizes, directs, and controls clinical services and is responsible for administrative functioning of clinical services departments
• Continually communicates with community partners and customers to ensure continuity of care for members served
• Ensures program functions smoothly within the larger behavioral health system by building and maintaining relationships with community partners
• Oversees documentation by clinical staff and performs audits of Clinical Charts to ensure adherence to State and County Requirements
• Establishes and maintains a recovery culture and philosophy within the program
• Promotes and maintains good relationships and communication between departments
• Aids in creating policies and procedures that address clinical quality and risk
• Completes incident investigations and summaries for regulatory agencies, as necessary
• Responsible for regular supervision and evaluations of assigned staff
• Ensures high quality services are being provided to all members served
• Assures facility/program honors the rights of members served
• Collaborates with other staff in implementation of corporate initiatives, and other services, as needed
• Available to assist at other Telecare facilities (consult) as needed
• Ensures treatment adheres to established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Ensures complete and accurate records on interventions and behaviors of members served
• Provides individual/group education and training
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires driving for company business such as training, offsite meetings, etc.
• Ability to contribute to policy and procedure development in a matter that addresses clinical quality and risk
• Understanding of local system of care and how the program fits within it
• Ability to maintain excellent relationships with members served and community partners
• Familiarity with a variety of evidence based practices appropriate to members served
• Knowledge and experience using the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.