Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 145+ programs and over 4,000+ employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Who We Serve: SBCM: Adults with SMI, aged 60 and older, with complex needs.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday: by appointment. Crisis services available 24/7.
About the Program: AgeWise provides county-wide older adult case management to individuals 60+ and has two components: the Strengths-Based Case Management (SBCM) FSP and the Institutional Case Management (ICM) program. The SBCM FSP program provides case management and mental health services with a focus on rehabilitation and recovery. SBCM also has housing subsidies for eligible individuals. The ICM serves individuals who are on Public Conservatorship and reside in a skilled nursing facility or another county-identified long-term care institution.
Compensation: $20.66 - 22.72 per hour, based off of years of experience
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 8:00 am - 4: 30 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist provides direct members served community support and case management services to assigned members served using Psychiatric Rehabilitation principles, Recovery Philosophy, and Evidence-Based practices. This position provides education and support to members served and their families. S/he coordinates service needs and collaborates with other services and agencies such as the Conservator 's Office, Public Defender 's Office, Child and adult Protective Services, Probation Department, and Inpatient Services, Long Term Care Services, Residential Settings and County Mental Health Services. The Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist completes assessments, provides mental health rehabilitation services, case management, crisis intervention, integrated whole person care, and trauma informed care.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling and one year direct services in Mental Health
• Basic knowledge of medical and psychiatric terminology, in accordance with Title 9, 630 laws, and rules and regulations governing the operation of Mental Health Agencies
• Understanding of members served rights, intensive case management, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Concepts, and the Recovery Philosophy
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Experience in providing intensive case management and intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts is highly desirable
• Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment, or community mental health service
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Assures coordination of members served housing, funds, and members served appointments, as needed
• Assures assigned admitted members served are contracted as indicated by Service Plan
• Maintains complete and accurate records that document all services provided within Program guidelines and State requirements
• Assesses the members served readiness for discharge and ongoing treatment needs
• Assures that members served benefits and finances are in order
• Develops and maintains an awareness of community referral resources
• Assures that members served know and understand their legal status and rights
• Provides support and education to members served and their families on treatment needs, goals, and concerns
• Provides direct treatment for assigned members served and their families using Evidence-Based Practices
• Assists in the development of and ensures compliance with policies and procedures
• Safeguards members served confidentiality and adheres to corporate compliance and HIPPA standards
• Provides transportation when needed
• Provides representative payee services
• Provides group education and training
• Assures Program options that offer increased opportunities for employment, social integration, and independent living for all members served
• Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns, and asking appropriate questions
• Writes, reviews, and implements members served service plans
• Actively facilitates and participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
• Provides leadership in facilitating the team process and develops interventions to use with members served
• Provides education/training to other team members as necessary
• Engages consulting staff appropriately; interacts professionally with community provider’s peers
• Observes, records, and reports members served social and psychiatric behavior
• Completes the Psychosocial Assessment for assigned members served this includes obtaining necessary data regarding the members served social and psychological history
• Enhances members served knowledge of community resources
• Encourages members served community-based resources
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Knowledge of ICD-10 and DSM V diagnostic criteria
• Able to effectively intervene and manage crisis interventions
• Able to advocate for clients served and work with diverse population in culturally competent manner
• Ability to use electronic equipment and document in a clear manner, possibly utilizing electronic database/health record
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.