Olympia | Washington | United States
Founded in 1965 Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to individuals with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
The Centralized Screen Mental Health Professional (MHP) uses their skill and experience related to mental health support services to screen members for services and admission to Telecare programs throughout the service area. This includes coordinating and collaborating with team members and outside agencies such as, the Conservator’s Office, Public Guardian’s Office, Probation Department, County Behavioral Health Services, and housing and inpatient providers.
This role will be based out of the Olympia facility butafter training, some time will be available for working remotely.
Status - Short Hour/Part Time
• A degree in Social Work, Nursing, or related field that will meet the qualifications of MHP in Washington state
• Must be a qualified as a \u0022Mental health professional (MHP)\u0022 means a designation recognized by the State of Washington to an agency staff member who is:
o (1) A psychiatrist, psychologist, psychiatric advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP), or social worker as defined in chapters 71.05 and 71.34 RCW;
o (2) A person who is licensed by the department of health as a mental health counselor or mental health counselor associate, marriage and family therapist, or marriage and family therapist associate;
o (3) A person with a master 's degree or further advanced degree in counseling or one of the social sciences from an accredited college or university who has at least two years of experience in direct treatment of persons with mental illness or emotional disturbance, that was gained under the supervision of a mental health professional and is recognized by the department;
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• This individual provides a concierge level of services to our customers and partners coordinating all aspects of the pre-admission process while maintaining the highest-level warm professionalism and customer service.
• This person completes screening and assessments via phone with the goal of efficient and appropriate admissions to Telecare facilities throughout the service area.
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Participates in the program evaluation process, utilizing results to identify needs, establish goals and directions for future planning
• Collaborates with Program Director/Administrator to assures program options providing a process which offers increasing opportunities for employment, social integration, and independent living
• Participates in the ongoing Utilization Review process as well as Continuous Quality Improvement efforts.
• Participates in evaluating referrals to the program as appropriate
• Helps to coordinate the safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• May document required MHP notes in the clinical record as needed; outlining current status, risk factors, and suitability for voluntary treatment as well as maintaining precise organized records.
• Establishes and maintains a professional, friendly and welcoming relationship with customers and referrals.
• Attends and participates in planning, training and improvement meetings.
• Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions
• Participates in the development and implementation of admission plans.
• Actively facilitates and participates in team meetings and service planning meetings as requested.
• Provides education/training to other team members as necessary
• Completes any data gathering or development as required by Telecare and/or the customer
• May Assist with Service Coordination Plan, including:
o Making appropriate referrals for placement, case management and aftercare services, and other denial or deferral planning needs as assigned
o Coordinating with the Business Office Coordinator to assure that benefits and finance are in order, as assigned
o Developing and maintaining an awareness of community resources and partnerships.
• Acts as Custodian of Records; determining best practices re confidentiality etc.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Thorough understanding of client rights
• Knowledge of persistent mental illness and basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Understanding of issues pertaining to older adults
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently twist and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity and to occasionally drive as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.