CASE MANAGER II + Substance Use Disorder Counseling Experience
MUST HAVE 1 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE PROVIDING SUBSTANCE USE COUNSELING
MUST HAVE A BACHELOR 'S DEGREE IN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, MFT, Rehab Counseling, etc.
ATTENTION: SPECIAL PROJECT FOR SAN DIEGO COUNTY. San Diego County has arranged for local citizens to quarantine at hotels in Mission Valley if they show symptoms of Covid19 or have a positive test to Covid19 and need a place to quarantine. This includes our homeless population, community members that live with multiple roommates, local EMTs, Firefighters who have tested positive, or parents that have multiple family members in one house. How does this work? If a SD citizen is at the doctor or hospital and it is suggested that they quarantine for 3-14 days and they cannot do that safely at home, that person comes to this hotel. Telecare has been asked to staff the hotel with 8 Case Managers to provide services to the individuals while they quarantine.
LOOKING FORCase Managers who are willing to utilize PPE and work with positive Covid patients or potentially positive patients. These individuals do not have severe symptoms. They simply must quarantine. Telecare is looking for employees willing to work in a Covid positive environment with PPE, must be a go getter, must be an independent worker but also coordinate care with a team, must know how to assess risk and put a response plan into action.
POSITION PAYS $20.50 - $22.70 PER HOUR + 10% SPECIAL PAY
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Employment Status:Full Time
Shift:9:00am - 5:30pm OR 11:00am - 7:30pm
Days:4 weekdays + 1 weekend (either Sat or Sun). We will discuss over the phone if you apply!
Under direct supervision, serves as a primary support and case manager for individuals with mental illness by assisting them to live as independently as possible in their chosen community. In addition, this position provides knowledge of a specialty area to the treatment team and program.
· High School Graduation or G.E.D. equivalent and three (3) years of direct services in mental health or community services; or Associate’s degree and two (2) years of experience; or Bachelor’s degree in Social Services
· Must possess at least 1 year of experience in the area of specialty served (e.g. Benefits, Educational, Employment, etc.)
· In Riverside County and San Diego County, Bachelor’s degree required and two (2) years in a mental health setting
· Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
· Four (4) years’ experience in a behavioral health setting
· Experience providing intensive case management and/or intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts
· Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment, or community mental health service
· Experience in and knowledge of a specialty area to be provided with general case management of team.
· Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
· Collaborate with members served to create Recovery Plan goals and ensure all services described in the Recovery Plan are provided
· Consistent with area of expertise, provides specialized services and interventions related to specialty, including thematic groups, evidence-based practices, and collaboration with external agencies and resources
· Facilitate groups according to the needs and interests of members served in the area of specialty
· Provide appropriate interventions in crisis situations
· On a rotating basis, performs officer of the day functions for both wellness, duty and stand by duty tasks
· Collect required data and completes required documentation
· Coordinate transitions to lower levels of care
· Maintain awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
· Assist members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living
· Assist members served in making and getting to essential appointments
· Assist and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits; provide representative payee services
· Ensure that members served understand their legal status and rights
· Help members served achieve greater independence and autonomy
· Safeguard confidentiality; adheres to HIPPA policies
· Provide wraparound services that encompass whole person care
· Provide transportation when needed and appropriate and linkage to community resources
· Provide and document quality and quantity of direct services as required by program standards
· If employed at inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
· If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
· Thorough understanding of the rights of members served and relevant legal processes
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Good computer/technology skills
· Ability to assess safety risks
· Ability to easily build rapport, maintain engagement with members served, and hold hope in the face of adversity
· Excellent driving skills
· Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
· Within two (2) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
he employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires driving and frequent hazardous exposure (blood borne pathogens, hospital waste, chemicals, and infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.