**Telecare is offering a $500 sign-on bonus for this position!**
Overnight / NOC Shift
Entry Level Case Manager / Residential Counselor
Great job to get your "foot in the door"
WHO IS TELECARE?
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 170 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Essentials at a Glance
Program Type: Adult Residential Facility
To Make Referrals: All referrals are made through the Ventura County Behavioral Health STAR (Screening Triage Assessment and Referral) Program.
# of Beds: 15
Who We Serve: We are licensed to provide services to adults, ages 18-59, with a primary diagnosis of a serious mental illness. Adults with substance use diagnoses are also admitted, provided their primary diagnosis is a serious mental illness.
Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
About the Program: House of Transition is an 18-month maximum-stay social rehabilitation program that assists clients in their transition to the community. The primary focus of our program is on community integration and skill development. House of Transition provides a daily, structured therapeutic program and encourages community involvement. We partner with Ventura County Behavioral Health to provide case management, therapy, and psychiatric services with the goal that our members can transition to a less restrictive, more independent level of care.
House of Transition promotes cultural diversity and encourages family involvement. Our members participate in member forum meetings where special holiday events are planned, safety concerns are addressed, and where they can support each other. We have weekly family dinners and monthly campus-wide family meetings. We also participate in several NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) events throughout the year.
Under direct supervision of the Team Leader, serves as the provides a support and case manager for members served with mental illness and other co-occurring disorders by assisting them to live as independently as possible in their chosen community.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Establishes and maintains meaningful therapeutic relationships with members served
• Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Makes appropriate recommendations for living environments, therapy, psychiatrist visits, case management and other services
• Provides services to all members served as indicated in the Services Plan or Recovery Plan
• Documents and communicates interactions with members to other services team members as appropriate
• Maintain awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
• Assists members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
• Assists members served in obtaining appropriate benefits
• Advocates for and accompanies members when needed on long appointments e.g. SSI, DMV, GR (General Relief) etc.
• Help members to understand their legal status and rights
• Safeguard confidentiality; adhere to HIPAA policies
• Foster independence with members served
• Safeguards confidentiality of members served
• Provides transportation when needed and appropriate
• Must participate in rotation schedule of after hours on call services based on program expectations
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• Provide and document quality and quantity of direct services as required by program standards
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• High School Graduation or G.E.D.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues is required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply
• Experience in a mental health and/or dual diagnosis setting
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Good computer/technology skills
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Ability to promote a positive, supportive recovery culture
• Ability to engage clients and hold hope in the face of adversity
• Ability to drive
• Ability to gain trust and build rapport with diverse populations
• Ability to be patient and mindful
• Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Within two (2) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and power grasping. The position requires to drive and frequent Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, hospital waste, Chemicals & Infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.