Bakersfield | California | United States
Established in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations to empower thousands of individuals with mental illness every day in their journeys of recovery. Telecare operates 125 programs with over 3900 employees, and we are growing!
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019! This is the 17th time we have made the list!
As the newest member of the Telecare family, the Bakersfield Recovery Station will be a 10-space program in Bakersfield, CA. The Recovery Station will promote wellness and recovery in a welcoming setting while providing law enforcement a diversion for person who are acutely under the influence of alcohol or drugs and who possibly might also have a co-occurring condition. Rather than being arrested, community members will be presented with an opportunity for peer engagement, assessment, brief clinical interventions and linkage with community-based services. As an integral member of the team, you will help provide services to the community that are strength-based, empowering, and person-centered. The average length of stay will be 8-10 hours.
Employment Status: Short Hour ( 16 hours per week)
Shift: 11 pm to 7:30 am
Days: Sunday & Monday
Serves as the primary support and case manager for individuals with mental illness by assisting them to live as independently as possible in their chosen community, focusing on substance abuse and addictions
· High School Diploma or G.E.D and Certified or Registered Addiction Specialist, e.g., Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADAC), or Registered Addiction Specialist(RAS), or Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS), or Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor (CATC), or Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP in the state of WA) etc.
· Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
· Must be credentialed as a qualified mental health professional, where applicable
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
· Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment, or community mental health service
· Experience in providing intensive case management and/or intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts
· Experience providing Substance Use Disorder services
· Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
· Collaborates with members served to create Recovery Plan goals and ensure all services described in the Recovery Plan are provided
· Consistent with expertise, provides specialized services and interventions related to substance use/addictive disorders, including thematic groups, evidence-based practices, and collaboration with external agencies and resources
· Facilitate groups per the needs and interests of members, especially in the area of education and skill building related to Substance Use Disorders
· Understands assessment tools and Harm Reduction Model
· Provides appropriate interventions in crisis situations
· On a rotating basis, performs officer of the day functions
· Collects required data and completes required documentation
· Coordinates transitions to lower levels of care
· Maintains awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
· Assists members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living
· Assists members served in making and getting to essential appointments
· Assists and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits
· Ensures that members served understand their legal status and rights
· Helps members served achieve greater independence and autonomy
· Safeguards confidentiality
· Safeguard confidentiality; adhere to HIPAA policies
· Provides transportation when needed and appropriate
· If employed at inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
· If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
· Provide and document quality and quantity of direct services as required by program standards
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
· Thorough understanding of the rights of members served and relevant legal processes
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Good computer/technology skills
· Ability to assess safety risks
· Ability to easily build rapport, maintain engagement with members served, and hold hope in the face of adversity
· Excellent driving skills
· Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
· Within two (2) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
· Ability to discern between the different stages of change
· Ability to use Motivational Interviewing skills
· Familiarity with the 12-step program model and other and peer support models
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires driving and frequent hazardous exposure (blood borne pathogens, hospital waste, chemical, and infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.