Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illnesses. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
The "Washington Listens" support line program provides support services to individuals experiencing increased anxiety, depression, or other emotional symptoms due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Support Specialists will offer emotional support and coping skill education via a telephonic support line as well as outreach into the community. This is a non-clinical, psycho-educational program designed to improve resiliency for anyone in Washington struggling with the effects of the COVID 19 pandemic.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM 9:00am - 6:00pm
Days: Monday - Friday
POSITION SUMMARY ****must reside in Thurston or Mason county***
The WA Resource Call Support Specialist will connect with callers to "Washington Listens" and provide resources from the "Washington Listens" databases to assist the caller with making needed connections. They will also provide community outreach to promote the "Washington Listens" support line and database with local groups that provide community support.
• HS Diploma or GED
• Strong interpersonal skills, listening skills, and phone etiquette
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Proficiency in web-based software and general computer skills
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply
• Bi-lingual in one of the languages in the service region
• Experience with providing customer service resources via phone
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Answers phone calls on the "Washington Listens" support line
• Uses the provided "Washington Listens" web-based databases to connect callers with resources needed
• Logs number of calls on a weekly recap
• Logs call times per contract requirement for reporting
• Logs information as requested on resources
• Collaborates with team and Communications Department to create co-branded materials for community outreach
• Provides community outreach to promote the "Washington Listens"
• May drive to locations to provide community outreach as needed
• WA Resource Call Support Specialists do not provide crisis counseling and if a caller needs behavioral health support or is in a behavioral health crisis the Support Specialist should work to get this person connected to a behavioral health crisis service.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires driving for company business such as training, offsite meetings, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with web-based software and use of internet
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to the uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious). Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.