Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, the Kaiser Intensive Community Treatment (ICT) program will be an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program serving 50 Clients with Serious Mental Illness (SMI). The program is designed to meet the needs of Kaiser members who are high users of inpatient psychiatric services or who are at high risk of acute psychiatric hospitalizations. Services are provided in the community.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: Days, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Business Office Manager plans and organizes a variety of administrative and financial operations functions for multiple programs, a larger program, or complex administrative functions to support business operations. This position provides coverage and backup for multiple individuals and locations, when required
• Associates or College course work in Finance or five (5) years working experience in an office, at least one (1) year experience in a healthcare field
• One (1) year experience working with social security, Medicaid and other government assistance programs
• Knowledgeable and able to use MS Office programs, specifically skilled in producing reports with Excel
• Experienced entering data into computer systems
• Must possess a valid state specific Driver’s license
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification.
Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Experience in the health care field
• Working knowledge of Social Security, Medicaid and other government assistance programs
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Supervises other support staff
• Provides coverage and back-up for Administrative positions at work site and other regional work sites
• Provides training to staff on Financial systems and trouble shoots issues related to Financial systems
Finance driven Job Duties:
• Participates as a member of the programs management team as an advisor indicating observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions
• Recruits and trains new staff in performing business functions.
• Provides period closing procedures and reports and manages complete AR and billing
• Reviews and corrects information on reports
• Actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer needs
• Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks continuous improvement
• Performs insurance verification
• Provides support and direction for financial requests for staff and members served
• Provides Training and direction to ensure compliance with fiscal policies and procedures
• Facilitates Rep Payee services
• Facilitates Trust Banking services
• Prepares and validates payroll
• Enters AP batches weekly into accounting software
• Monitors client eligibility at admission/enrollment and throughout stay
• Prepares and reviews credit card entries
• Provides and maintains revenue information; provides billing information to A/R department and County agencies
• Records and deposits cash receipts
• Determines monthly journal entries required and confirms correct information is on reports
• Organizes, secures and maintains all files, records, cash, cash dispensing and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, twist, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure and close eye work (small figures)
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.