Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As the newest member of the Telecare family, Hillside House will be a 4-bed adult residential program providing non-medical care in a home-like environment to adults ages 18 and over with developmental disabilities and mental health diagnoses who require behavioral supports, structured activities, and assistance with meal planning, activities of daily living, and participating in their community. Focus of program will be helping residents identify and achieve their hopes and dreams.
Employment Status: Consultant, 18-24 hours per week
The BCBA provides the program with applied behavior analysis as needed under the direction of the Administrator
• Board Certified in Behavior Analysis (BCBA)
• 2 Years post-graduate experience in applied Behavior Analysis
• Knowledgeable of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) methodologies and curriculum found to benefit adults ages 18 and above with Developmental Disabilities
• Experience developing behavior intervention/crisis plans and providing training for appropriate populations.
• Experience working with regional centers and a multi-disciplinary team in the treatment of adults with developmental disabilities
• A successful track record working with, and sensitivity to, multi-cultural populations is highly desirable
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Developing person-centered plans to achieve an optimal balance between an individual’s personal preferences, health, well-being, safety and social rules/laws
• Providing intensive wrap-around services to individuals during and after their transition into the community
• Providing clinical services / treatment to individuals in the community
• Documentation and review of Individualized Behavior Support Plans as appropriate
• Collaborating with interdisciplinary team members
• Supports Implementation of all Program policies and procedures
• Supports all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives. Actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times
• Helps ensure that the Program is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and keeps informed about changes in regulations
• Ensures compliance with Telecare 's policies and procedures
• Helps establishes the vision for the facility
• Demonstrates an understanding of Telecare 's stakeholders, including persons served, families, and customers in all interactions and conduct
• Assists in the establishment of the culture of the Program and creates initiatives that reinforce the culture
• Assists in reviewing other licensed staff as required by staffing needs
• Must assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management
• Good communication, team building and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with psychiatric conditions and recovery principles
• Good customer relations skills
• Skilled at identifying and removing barriers to change
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.