Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9thBest Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Brighter Tomorrows - Casa B is a 15-bed licensed social rehabilitation facility for adults and Transitional Age Youth (TAY), with serious mental illness, with a maximum 18-month stay (average stay 9-12 months).
Shift: PM 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Days: Sunday - Thursday
The Assistant House Coordinator provides services to residents both on an individual and group basis. Plans, organizes and coordinates the financial operations of the program to control receipt of revenue, expenditure of funds and conservation of assets. Performs bookkeeping functions, maintains related reports, records and acts as information services system administrator.
• BA or BS degree in a behavioral healthcare or related health care field
• QMHA credentialed
• Broad knowledge of standard office procedures and skills, including proficiency in word processing and data entry
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimum supervision
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Three (3) years of experience in adult mental health
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Provides support and direction for financial requests for staff and members served
• Provides training and direction to ensure compliance with fiscal policies and procedures
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Assists the Program Director with:
o Arranging and providing orientation and training for new employees
o Admission and discharge planning and coordination
• Assumes Program Director duties in the absence of the Program Director
• Provides daily living assistance including assisting residents in developing self-help skills
• Completes adverse event reports and forwards to Supervisor in compliance with established policies and procedures
• Notifies appropriate agencies of any known or observed incidents of abuse
• Monitors adherence to budget, determines journal entries required and confirms or corrects information on reports
• Provides billing and authorization information to Revenue Cycle
• Safeguards funds and maintains records for Trust and/or Rep Payee accounts
• Processes deposits and withdrawals and ensures accounts are maintained accurately and updated in a timely manner
• Administers financial operations for expenditure of funds; prepares and processes accounts payable; maintains cash advance account; monitors credit cards, reviewing documentation for accuracy and ensuring processing within required deadlines
• Negotiates payment terms with members served and payees for outstanding receivables
• Reviews and implements resident needs and service plans
• Actively participates in and facilitates team meetings and recovery planning meetings
• Observes, records and reports resident social, ADL and psychiatric behavior
• Maintains order and cleanliness in the Common Rooms
• Monitors the upkeep and safety of equipment and supplies
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving)
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.