Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, La Casa Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC) is a 190-bed program providing assistance to adults 18 and older.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Admission/Discharge Planner provides discharge planning services to members served and their families. This involves coordinating and collaborating with other services and agencies such as the Conservator's Office, eligibility workers, Public Defender, Public Guardian, Court Services, Third Party Utilization Review Departments, and multiple County Mental Health Services system of care entities.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Maintains overall responsibility for discharge planning, including:
o Coordinating members served assessments and discharges in coordination with the treatment team
o Making appropriate referrals for placement, case management and aftercare services
o Identifying members served discharge planning needs, including arranging for placement, follow-up care and financial aid
o Updating the Treatment Team regarding social services and discharge planning
o Coordinating with the Business Office to assure that members served benefits are in order
o Developing and maintaining an awareness of community resources
o Completing the appropriate paperwork for all members served discharged
o Coordinating members served services with customer representatives
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served.
• Attends and participates in community meetings and groups.
• Performs tasks correctly and according to Policies and Procedures.
• Thinks and acts appropriately in routine situations
• Consistently performs all tasks assigned in a complete and thorough manner
• Effectively completes assigned tasks while remaining available to assist co-workers in emergent situations
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving record)
• Two (2) years of professional experience in Social Work, Nursing or a related field
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related human services field
• One (1) year experience in mental health and/or public agencies
• Licensed Professional preferred
• Knowledge of psychiatric treatment modalities and community resources
• The ability to interface with both public and private agencies
• The ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to reach, twist, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, stand, walk, and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual repetitions, deviations and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.