San Jose | California | United States
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
This programwill employ a “whatever it takes” model of intensive and assertive community-based wraparound services designed to help clients stabilize and avoid further episodes of homelessness, hospitalization and incarceration. Telecare’s IFSP program will consist of three multidisciplinary teams that include clinicians and professionals from psychiatry, nursing, substance abuse, peer support, housing, employment/education, and other relevant fields. Based on their areas of expertise, team members will collaborate and deliver integrated services, monitor progress toward goals, and adjust services over time to meet clients’ changing needs
New Hire Orientation is anticipated to start on November 11th, 2019, with our doors opening to clients on November 18th, 2019.
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Administrator manages all aspects of the day to day operations of the Program. This involves ensuring regulatory compliance and actively overseeing quality assurance performance improvements. Additionally, the Administrator collaborates with all corporate departments and outside consultants and represents the Program to State/County agencies, community partners, and consumer groups.
o Masters in Social Services with a state license as an LMFT, LCSW, Ph.D or PsyD.
o Four (4) years of experience in an administrative management position in a health care setting
o Two (2) years of responsibility for supervision of professional staff, budgeting, program planning, and licensing
· Understanding of community mental health services, psychiatric rehabilitation concepts, and the recovery philosophy
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
· A successful track record working with, and sensitivity to, multi-cultural populations and issues in urban settings are highly desirable
• Bi-lingual in the following languages is a big plus:
· Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
· Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the Program responsible for the Program’s administrative functioning
· Acts as the privacy contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations
· Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff
· Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
· Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives; actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times; acts as liaison between the Program and State/County customers and community partners
· Establishes staffing requirements for all departments, directing the recruitment, selection, and when necessary, disciplinary action within the Program
· Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget
· Supervises all department managers and maintains supervisory authority over personnel assigned to the departments Ensures that the Program complies with all applicable laws and regulations and keeps informed about changes in regulations
· Ensures compliance with Telecare 's policies and procedures
· Establishes the vision for the Program
· Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program
· Demonstrates an understanding of Telecare 's stakeholders, including members served, families, and customers in all interactions and conduct
· Establishes the culture of the Program and creates initiatives that reinforce the culture
· Acts as the Program 's liaison to the Corporate office, ensuring corporate initiatives are implemented and maintained
· Reviews other licensed staff as required by staffing needs
· Provides Clinical supervision
· Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety)
· Knowledgeable about budgeting, HR, and applicable program regulations
· Good communication, team building, and problem-solving skills
· Familiarity with psychiatric conditions and recovery principles
· Good customer relations skills
· Skilled at identifying and removing barriers to change
· Knowledge and experience using the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend, and do simple and firm grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.