Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 170 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Accounts Receivable Technician II is responsible for maintaining accurate census data, timely and accurate patient/client billing, accurate recording of Medi-Cal/Medicaid and other revenues as applicable, assuring accurate cash posting, and overall maintenance of assigned program receivables. Additionally, this position is responsible for monthly invoice billing and collection activities for assigned customers, following the established billing guidelines as outlined by the contract.
• Three (3) years' general office experience, with a preferred two (2) years of experience in healthcare billing, accounting or contract management positions
• Extensive experience as an account clerk, data entry clerk or other automated billing position may be substituted for healthcare billing experience
• Computer literacy, 10-key calculator by touch, type at least 40 wpm
• Must have the ability to follow complex instructions, handle many tasks simultaneously and complete assignments with minimum supervision
• Critical thinking and data validation are mandatory
• Must have mathematical aptitude and a high degree of accuracy in data input
• Intermediate Excel experience required
• Able to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• High school diploma
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply
• Some college preferred
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Accurately enters billing information, posts cash receipts and self-checks work
• Prepares and submits bills for patient/client liabilities
• Performs collections follow-up process in accordance with established procedures
• Maintains centralized billing files
• Provides appropriate accounts receivable and cash receipts reports to facilities and Corporate staff
• Ensures that accounts receivable detail, client/patient charge summaries, and cash receipts reports balance at month end
• Prepares monthly contract invoices accurately and timely and maintains Excel worksheets for invoice tracking
• Keeps Associate Director of Revenue Cycle informed of status of accounts receivable for assigned facilities
• Participates as a team member and provides input via report observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions
• Performs job duties for programs outside of regular assignment during times of need
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Computer literacy
• 10-key calculator by touch
• Type at least 40 wpm
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is constantly required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, twist, bend, pull and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity. Visual requirements include computer and book exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.